Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: DH and Marisol

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PS had to told me if I wanted Marisol and her items to get her ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me she is on"hot" and her items are selling VERY fast!!!!!!!!!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep us updated on what you decide about Marisol.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When we were finalizing our trip to Chicago a few weeks ago, my PS told me not to wait to buy Marisol when we were there (April 29th). She said Marisol had been flying off the shelves since day one. It is for oldest DD birthday this Saturday. She just read the book from the library, and changed her mind. She now wants Kirsten! I can't win for losing! Looks like youngest DD will be getting her for Christmas.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member MareGathersWords's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not a parent, and sometimes I think I would not be a good one. Personally, I would give her the doll for her First Communion. It's a very special occasion and it deserves a very special present. I bought a puppy with the money from mine and I'll always have memories of Comet to remind me of that special moment of my life. The money she saved could be used on accessories for Marisol. Just my two cents, of course.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not Catholic directly - just vicariously through my father. [img]redface.gif[/img] If I remember correctly, a First Communion dress is an almost revered item. Perhaps if you give her Marisol for Communion, she would like to buy Marisol her own First Communion dress ("Memorable Moments", as we all know).

  6. #16
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ack- I am Catholic and am raising my kids Episcopalian and my DD will not have a First Holy Communion in the white dress and ceremony sense. The Episcopal church does not make an event out of it, you just bring the child to the altar when you feel she is ready. I am having pangs already about not having the ceremony and white dress and the like.

    Marisol in the memorable moments dress would make an awesome Communion gift and perhaps it may seem like I am changing my position but she will never forget the occasion.

    I got a two wheeler for my communion and not as good as a doll, I remember with fondness my bicycle.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is the memoriable moments dress? Is it a doll first communion dress???
    My mom made my Samantha one herself. I don't know if she used a pattern or not. It was really cute though.
    Being Marisol is Mexican she probably would have had a first communion ceremony. If you could find a first communion dress for her she'd look so pretty.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gingerharp - the "Memorable Moments" dress is whatever you want or need it to be, though I think the consensus is it's interpreted as a Communion dress.

    I believe my Marisol is telling me she's definitely Catholic (we've all actually taken the loss of John Paul II rather hard - what a remarkable man he was), so I think I'll be picking up one for her and I'll be taking this opportunity to learn more about the religion of my father. I think this might be a good time for that for me.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mollymom
    If you really want to understand the Catholic faith, the paperback copy of The Catechism of the Catholic Church was published in 1995 or 1996 and outlines all of the key teachings of the church. Reading it for me was like having a lightbulb go off in my head and it was during my Precanna (sp) which is the Catholic Marriage Prep class that I read it. My husband is Episcopalian and I think reading it and comparing it to the teachings of the Episcopal church (dubbed Catholic Lite) was instrumental in my decision to raise my children Episcopalian. For some reason though, I still consider myself Catholic.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Marisol's communion dress wouldn't be like the dress from AG. It would be a slightly scaled-down cottilion dress-- and wow, she'd look great! There's another dress to add to my sewing list...

    If Tori is anything like me (and I suspect she is from hearing this story), the fact that her daddy bought her Marisol will mean just as much to her as having paid for the doll herself-- probably more. We female Onlies tend to be major Daddy's Girls. I agree the idea of putting half her money in savings and using half for AGP shopping is a great one, and I think you'll find her telling the girls she meets at the store that her daddy bought her Marisol. I wouldn't want to deny her the knowledge that Daddy was so concerned about her getting Marisol, he insured it would happen, and I think you can get both lessons-- 1) Daddy loves me a lot and 2) Saving is smart-- out of this!

    Have a great time at AGP!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •